Welcome, theatre enthusiasts age 13 and older! This website is a place to network, exchange ideas, get advice, and interact with people just like you, who share a passion for theatre and theatre education. Please take a moment to go over the house rules:
- Act well your part. EdTA’s community involves participants with a wide range of beliefs and ideas about the subjects they’re discussing. We encourage an open dialogue, but require that participants remain courteous and respectful at all times.
- There are no small parts. Everyone is essential in an online community. Visit often, participate, and encourage others to do the same. You have answers that others are seeking and they are just as capable of helping you.
- Inclusion. EdTA is an anti-racist organization actively striving toward inclusion and belonging for all. We ask all participants to view our anti-racism statement and recognize that this philosophy guides our organization. We encourage open dialogue that will help advance our racial equity goals.
- Know your audience. This is an educational tool, used to connect students, teachers, and theatre advocates with similar interests and to expand our knowledge base. Just as you would in any educational environment, refrain from posting pictures or comments with inappropriate content.
- YES and … This community is meant to be a positive experience for anyone who chooses to participate. Feel free to post helpful and relevant advice or suggestions, but do not be abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or discriminatory. Think before you post. Is it necessary? Is it kind? Is it true?
- Do you have the rights? Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws. No commercial messages or advertisements are permitted. Other participants have the right to reproduce postings and content unless you specify otherwise.
- SHHHHH! The participants themselves do the best monitoring of a community. If you see any inappropriate or offensive content, please click on “Mark as Inappropriate.” We do not discuss any user’s account with another user, so your report will remain anonymous, as will the actions we have taken.
- Listen, then react. Before responding to a post, read all comments to be sure duplicate information isn’t submitted. Be as concise as possible and stay on topic. This is a searchable knowledge base, so carefully word the subject line of all messages so that your posts can be easily located by others looking for similar resources.
- All the world’s a stage. On the internet, you always have an audience. This means you are accountable for your own actions. Anything you post is instantly available for the world to see. If you wouldn’t say it to your mother, your boss or a child, don’t put it in our community. Respect the privacy of others. The Educational Theatre Association is not responsible for any consequences you experience resulting from anything you have posted on our website.
- Rewrites. We reserve the right to update or change these guidelines without notice; be sure you keep up to date.
- Copyright. If it’s not yours, get permission before you post it, or cite the necessary sources.
The Legal but Important Stuff
This site is provided as a service for members of the Educational Theatre Association (EdTA) and the field of theatre education. EdTA is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by EdTA or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness, as well as any warranties of accuracy or noninfringement. In no event EdTA be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use, disclosure or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not engage in behavior that constitutes discrimination or harassment in any way, including race, color, or nationality. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants to EdTA and all users of this site a perpetual, royalty free, worldwide, nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material in all media now known or hereafter invented.
EdTA supports and abides by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) of 1998. If a member asserts that a copyrighted item has been posted, a written notification must be made (fax, mail, email). The notice should include sufficient detail regarding the copyrighted work and documentation regarding the claim.
It is each user’s responsibility to familiarize themselves with any local rules, regulations, or policies regarding online participation through their school or employer.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to engage in unlawful conduct of any sort.
EdTA does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of EdTA, we will take all appropriate action.
These rules may be updated at any time. We reserve the right to terminate or restrict the access of any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
Questions may be addressed by contacting email@example.com or mailing to
4555 Lake Forest Drive, Suite 650
Cincinnati, OH 45242