March 31, 2017
Twenty-eight students, representing 13 states and Canada, have been chosen as the cast and crew for the opening performance of the 2017 International Thespian Festival being held June 19-24 in Lincoln, Nebraska.
They were chosen from a field of more than 120 applicants. For the past five years ITF has opened with a show cast by audition from among the members of the International Thespian Society.
The 2017 show is We Tell the Story: A Celebration of the works of Ahrens & Flaherty and will feature the works of Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty, lyricist and composer known for Once on This Island, Ragtime, Anastasia, Seussical, and more.
Being selected for this show affords students the opportunity to perform and work alongside Broadway writers, actors, and musicians. Students and artists arrive before ITF begins and rehearse and produce the show in only 48 hours.
EdTA Executive Director Julie Theobald says, “The Educational Theatre Association is committed to continually raising the bar for Thespians and connecting them with talented professionals. In 2017 those professionals include Producer Eric Cornell (Anastasia), Artistic Director J. Jason Daunter (Wicked), and Musical Arranger/Supervisor Jason Yarcho (Wicked), among others.”
The students selected as cast members for the 2017 Festival opening show are:
- Chloe Abram, Troupe 7398, Ensworth High School, Nashville, Tennessee.
- Nicholas Boegel, Troupe 3681, Widdifield Secondary School, North Bay, Ontario.
- Nathan Bonsall, Troupe 1811, Kearney High School, Kearney, Nebraska.
- Antonio Cipriano, Troupe 5253, University Liggett School, Grosse Pointe Shores, Michigan.
- Maura Cunning, Troupe 3093, Lake Havasu High School, Lake Havasu City, Arizona.
- Sylvia Fisher, Troupe 830, Pennsbury High School, Yardley, Pennsylvania.
- Lucy Geller, Troupe 750, South Eugene High School, Eugene, Oregon.
- Arianna Hardaway, Troupe 4048, Heritage High School, Conyers, Georgia.
- Bryson Jackson, Troupe 7052, McKinney Boyd High School, McKinney, Texas.
- Eric Leigh, Troupe 3842, Wahlert Catholic High School, Peosta, Iowa.
- Cherish Myers, Troupe 513, Westerville South High School, Columbus, Ohio.
- Connor Ripperger, Troupe 69, Dubuque Senior High School, Dubuque, Iowa.
The students selected as crew members for the 2017 Festival opening show are:
- Catherine Adams, Troupe 5022, Mehlville High School, St. Louis, Missouri.
- Martin Benesh, Troupe 1470, Mt. Vernon High School, Mt. Vernon, Iowa.
- Zachary Brunkhorst, Troupe 5140, Fort Zumwalt North High School, O’Fallon, Missouri.
- Hailey Brunson, Troupe 8104, Rock Ridge High School, Ashburn, Virginia.
- Nathan Dunahoo, Troupe 739, North Scott High School, Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
- Meghan Emanuel, Troupe 8104, Rock Ridge High School, Ashburn, Virginia.
- Sean Gardner, Troupe 8093, Brownell-Talbot School, Omaha, Nebraska.
- Eva Granger, Troupe 7050, Cypress Woods High School, Cypress, Texas.
- Emily Hayman, Troupe 513, Westerville South High School, Columbus, Ohio.
- Hannah Kane, Troupe 8104, Rock Ridge High School, Ashburn, Virginia.
- Jerran Kowalski, Troupe 1794, Floyd Central High School, Floyds Knobs, Indiana.
- Grant Perry, Troupe 4463, Sylvania Northview High School, Sylvania, Ohio.
- Brett Rose, Troupe 7050, Cypress Woods High School, Cypress, Texas.
- Madison Sutton, Troupe 2526, Texas High School, Texarkana, Texas.
- Kendall Swendsen, Troupe 7014, Seven Lakes High School, Katy, Texas.
- Thomas White, Troupe 4379, Poplar Bluff High School, Poplar Bluff, Missouri.
Congratulations to all members of the cast and crew!