In search of inspiration for your next K-12 theatre season? Concord Theatricals has got you covered! We’ve created a handpicked selection of plays and musicals to fit a variety of needs – whether you’re looking for competition pieces, large-cast classics or challenging new works.
Peruse the excerpt below. For the full article of title suggestions, click here.
"I have a group of strong female performers."
- Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella: Youth Edition by Richard Rodgers & Oscar Hammerstein II
- Our Dear Dead Drug Lord by Alexis Scheer
- She Kills Monsters by Qui Nguyen
- The Wolves by Sarah DeLappe
"I have students who want to address issues and do socially conscious work."
- 26 Pebbles by Eric Ulloa
- Facing Our Truth: Ten Minutes Plays on Trayvon, Race and Privilege by A. Rey Pamatmat, Dan O’brien, Dominique Morisseau, Mona Mansour, Winter Miller, Marcus Gardley, Tala Manassah & Quetzal Flores
- Homeroom the Musical by Andrea Green & Selma Tolins Kaufman
- A Polar Bear in New Jersey by Anna Moench
"I have one or two strong male leads."
- Big River: Theatre for Young Audiences Edition by Roger Miller & William Hauptman
- In the Heights by Lin-Manuel Miranda & Quiara Alegría Hudes
- Man of La Mancha by Dale Waserman, Mitch Leigh & Joe Darion
- Red Velvet by Lolita Chakrabarti
"I have a large group of talented actors for a non-musical."
- The Doctor in Wonderland by Don Zolidis
- Puffs (One-Act for Young Wizards) by Matt Cox
- Shakespeare in Love (High School Edition) by Lee Hall, Marc Norman & Tom Stoppard
- Tenderfella by Michael Liebo
"I have a curriculum that requires shows based in literature."
- Anne of Green Gables – The Musical™ by Donal Harron, Norman Campbell & L.M. Montgomery
- As You Like It by Shaina Taub & Laurie Woolery
- CATS: Young Actors Editionby Andrew Lloyd Webber & T.S. Eliot
- Tuck Everlasting by Claudia Shear, Tim Federla, Chris Miller, Nathan Tysen & Natalie Babbitt
"I have a competition coming up and need a good piece."
- The Astonishing and Dangerous History of Mazefield the Frog by Jen Silverman
- Lost Girl by Kimberly Bellflower
- Horse Girls by Jenny Rachel Weiner
- In Julet’s Garden (Competition Version) by Judith Elliot McDonald
Read the full article here. Let’s keep making theatre happen!