EdTA Chapter Matching Scholarship Guidelines
- Matching scholarships will be awarded to seniors only. EdTA will not match or administer scholarships for non-seniors.
- Scholarship funds must be distributed in the year they are awarded. The chapter’s portion of unclaimed or deferred funds will be returned to the chapter at the end of each year’s cycle. Deferred scholarships may be re-submitted to EdTA for matching in the year when funds are to be distributed.
- Chapters will submit scholarship recipients form to EdTA following their chapter events.
- Students included on chapter recipient forms will receive a link to the Scholarship Claiming Form by May 1.
- Deadline for students to submit completed form is May 31. Students who do not claim by the deadline will need to work directly with their chapter to receive the funds.
- Chapters will be invoiced once all student claim forms from that chapter are submitted (or once the May 31 deadline has passed). Chapters will only be invoiced for scholarships that are claimed by students.
- In June, the chapter will receive an invoice for the total scholarship amount, less the matching amount from EdTA:
- Dollar for dollar match, up to $1,000 (i.e. Chapter has $400 for scholarships, so EdTA matches another $400, totaling $800 for scholarships)
- $1,000 for any amount equal to or greater than $1,000 (i.e. Chapter has $5,000 for scholarships, so EdTA gives $1,000, totaling $6,000 for scholarships)
- Chapter payment is due by June 30.
- Checks will be mailed directly to the receiving college/university (as indicated on student scholarship claiming form) beginning in July.
- Any funds returned by universities upon student withdrawal or transfer will be returned to the chapter.
- Any deferred scholarships will be managed by the chapter. The scholarship can be re-submitted to EdTA for matching in the year when the student will be claiming the funds. There will be no rollover of EdTA matching contributions.
Please send completed Matching Scholarship form to email@example.com